4-0 locals with malefics

kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

4-0 locals with malefics

Post  kowalski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 am

I just came back from this afternoon's locals where I did very well with my malefic deck. I didn't face much resistance, I only lost one game as you will see below:

First round vs Inzektors:
    Game 1: I open with double reckless and they keep me alive in the game, no matter how well he opened too. Necrovalley shuts him down for a bit and I top deck a Skill Drain a little after that. Easy job from that point on.
    Game 2: I set a Skill Drain and end turn. He had no mst at that point, so I am able to do massive damage. He tried to stall a little with Gorz, Messenger of Peace, fiendish but I was far in a better spot and all i did was wait until the right cards came.

1-0

Second round vs Chaos Dragons noob:
    Game 1: I set Skill Drain, Starlight and Reckless first turn. He uses heavy.
    Game 2: He goes first and in my turn he flips decree (which he mained, along with d prisons). I didn't draw a monster.
    Game 3: Tight spot again, Malefic Stardust with Necrovalley keep me alive while I'm under a single reckless. He drew only chaos stuff, reborn etc

2-0

Third round vs HEROs
    Game 1: He takes bottomless with Duality. I make sure that he hits Gadjiltron and then I'm free to Summon Rai-oh. He laughed and showed his hand (reinforcement, E-call etc)
    Game 2: Double mst on his 2 set cards so I took control. He couldn't get rid of Necrovalley.

3-0

Fourth Round vs Inzektors:
    Game 1: I open double reckless, Skill Drain, Starlight. I get another Skill Drain from the draws.
    Game 2: I play cleverly to get rid of his backrows then attack with beaters for massive damage while I had macro face down.

4-0 and first place. I played only with 0.5, wouldn't get prizes, but that guy in the final game asked me to give him the win and share store credit. Not bad Razz

Re: 4-0 locals with malefics

Post  Nemessie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 am

In game 2 you do not say which game was the one you lost, and generally you leave a lot of things to be meant....
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

Divinity wrote:In game 2 you do not say which game was the one you lost, and generally you leave a lot of things to be meant....

Because most people would chain starlight to heavy. At least that's what I did...thought it was obvious. Also, dragon's don't have a good time vs skill drain, especially with a stardust out too

Post  Nemessie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:25 am

kowalski wrote:
    Divinity wrote:In game 2 you do not say which game was the one you lost, and generally you leave a lot of things to be meant....

Because most people would chain starlight to heavy. At least that's what I did...thought it was obvious. Also, dragon's don't have a good time vs skill drain, especially with a stardust out too

Yes Starlight is obvious, but you do not specify if/how you won and get us all anxious bounce bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:03 am