MSE Latest Errata

Nemessie

MSE Latest Errata

Post  Nemessie on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 pm

On the latest Errata of MSE, it says this:Discard 2 cards, then target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

What it used to say was this:Discard 2 cards to select 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard. Add it to your hand.

And even earlier it said this:Discard 2 cards. Add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

As far as I know, according to the latest Errata discarding is not a cost. So, does MSE trigger my DW?
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Re: MSE Latest Errata

Post  tzaflidisp on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

No because the discard is cost
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 pm

As I said before, the latest Errata says:Discard 2 cards, then target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

To me, that is 2 actions one after another, not a cost. If a card has this text, is it a cost? Or is it a cost due to earlier Erratas?
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

The semicolon (;) shows that the text before it is activation text so it shows that it has a cost and targets.

"Discard 2 cards, then target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand." The bold text before the semicolon is the cost and targeting the rest is what happens when is resolves.

This link to yugioh wikia should explain all the PSCT http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:24 am

Was about to post the same, thanks isaac879. Magical Stone Excavation remains a cost. It hasn't changed. PSCT is something that every duelist should be familiar with by now. If not, feel free to actually read the link isaac879 provided.

Answered and locked.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:27 pm