OMG This is bad

Nemessie

OMG This is bad

Post  Nemessie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 am

I was dueling a guy with Karakuris in Rated, had 2 set cards, had a card in my hand, I was good enough to last some more turns. Suddenly, many keys freeze, not sure which ones but keys like the admit defeat offer draw call admin and quit ones. The chatbox stopped moving. I told the guy to call an admin, we called an admin, he told me to take a screenshot, I told him I did not know how, he told me some keys, I told him I have a notebook and thus did not have the keys he meant, then he banned me. Dunno for how long, dunno if it is permanent, dunno what I did. I am only guessing my account here will be deleted without hesitation. I want you to know, I did not do anything. Did not lie, did not....dunno what else. Since my account here will likely be deleted, just in case anyone wants to contact me, I am Panos Voulgaris in facebook, and I have a golden Grapha picture(adding that detail because there are 19 Panos Voulgaris in facebook). The admin was named Joco I think. I guess you will forget me in a week anyways.....
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Re: OMG This is bad

Post  isaac879 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:46 am

If this is your first offence then it will most likely be a temporary ban, I was looking a the rules and punishment table http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?app=cp&do=show&pageId=7 and I think the ban will be between 1-3 days depending on what the admin thought the offence was probably Call Admin
    Button Misuse. I hope to see you back on soon. tongue
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 am

I think he considered it lying. However, I would not act like a drama queen if I did not have a reason. When I attempt to log on DN, it does not say "You are banned! Your ban will end in 1/3 days", it just says "You are banned", thus not mentioning when or if it will end. In the past I had taken 2 1-day bans, most likely for writing stuff like "no inzektors" on duel notes. So Isaac, along with Wind Up Rabbit, take the Black Knights down and end the war.
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Nemessie wrote:I think he considered it lying. However, I would not act like a drama queen if I did not have a reason. When I attempt to log on DN, it does not say "You are banned! Your ban will end in 1/3 days", it just says "You are banned", thus not mentioning when or if it will end. In the past I had taken 2 1-day bans, most likely for writing stuff like "no inzektors" on duel notes. So Isaac, along with Wind Up Rabbit, take the Black Knights down and end the war.

I'm sure reaper will look into this and if its your first offence it has to be 3 days ban. Its rules unless you did something really bad which you never do. If it is a perm ban then this admin need a reality check.

Post  Nemessie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I am still trying to figure out what did I do....if a player has a glitch that he cannot prove, does that player get perma banned???

I do not know if I am right or wrong, but if I did something that was banworthy, at least I want to know what it was before kissing my most valuable YGO memories goodbye.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 pm

The ban reason was "Lying to an admin". I talked to that admin, asking him about the ban. What he told me was that he guided you through the process of providing him a screenshot, which you never did, although I think you know how to use the screenshot feature.

Moreover he pointed out that you were in a tight spot in your duel, most probably losing the next turn.

The ban is a permanent ban, it will not end. Your account is gone, you can make another. But that's not my concern.

My concern is your membership in this team. I know that I throw out people from this team that managed to get their accounts banned. This will not be the case here. You are the most active member in this team/forum, with active participation in all its aspects. I would be a fool to lose that. Your membership in this team and your account will stay as they are. You will create a new DN account though, and update your info here, so that we know what your DN username will be.

Keep in mind that this is an one-time deal. Won't happen again.

singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Reaper of the Cards wrote:The ban reason was "Lying to an admin". I talked to that admin, asking him about the ban. What he told me was that he guided you through the process of providing him a screenshot, which you never did, although I think you know how to use the screenshot feature.

Moreover he pointed out that you were in a tight spot in your duel, most probably losing the next turn.

The ban is a permanent ban, it will not end. Your account is gone, you can make another. But that's not my concern.

My concern is your membership in this team. I know that I throw out people from this team that managed to get their accounts banned. This will not be the case here. You are the most active member in this team/forum, with active participation in all its aspects. I would be a fool to lose that. Your membership in this team and your account will stay as they are. You will create a new DN account though, and update your info here, so that we know what your DN username will be.

I dont want to intrude but if hes on a notebook and the keys aren't present what is the person meant to do?

Last edited by singo94 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dont know what happened to the quote o.o)

Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

singo94 wrote:
    Reaper of the Cards wrote:The ban reason was "Lying to an admin". I talked to that admin, asking him about the ban. What he told me was that he guided you through the process of providing him a screenshot, which you never did, although I think you know how to use the screenshot feature.

I dont want to intrude but if hes on a notebook and the keys aren't present what is the person meant to do?

What keys?

Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 pm

The guy told me to press some keys. I think he called them Prnt Scrn+something else or something like that. I told him I have a notebook so there was a chance I did not have them, I did not even know if they were supposed to be on the keyboard or on the Files settings or something. Plus, the notebook had stuck, how would a screenshot help? And last, I basically told the guy to call an admin so that I take the loss. But let's suppose that I did lie to him(supposedly). Then, shouldn't he give me a 3 day ban instead of a permanent one?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 am

Nemessie wrote:The guy told me to press some keys. I think he called them Prnt Scrn+something else or something like that. I told him I have a notebook so there was a chance I did not have them, I did not even know if they were supposed to be on the keyboard or on the Files settings or something. Plus, the notebook had stuck, how would a screenshot help? And last, I basically told the guy to call an admin so that I take the loss. But let's suppose that I did lie to him(supposedly). Then, shouldn't he give me a 3 day ban instead of a permanent one?

You were banned for lying to an admin. And given that you already had 2-3 earlier strikes, perma ban was the right way to go.

singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:32 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:
    singo94 wrote:

What keys?

You said the admin that banned him said to press certain keys to print screen. If I or someone else in the team were in this position what would be the best thing to do so we don't get banned.

Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 am

singo94 wrote:You said the admin that banned him said to press certain keys to print screen. If I or someone else in the team were in this position what would be the best thing to do so we don't get banned.

Learn to take screenshots with your computers, without using the camera function in DN.

d.gear3414
    Core Team Member

Post  d.gear3414 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:53 am

then would u tell me how to do that cause im also playing dn with a laptop
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 am

How exactly did I lie to him? I can prove that I have a notebook. I had a glitch that I could not prove. Not being able to prove the glitch automatically makes me a liar? Or was it a lie that I did not know how to make screenshots without the DN camera? Plus as I said, the reason I told the guy to call an admin was so that I take the loss. What about that? Finally, I have never lied to an admin in the past. All I had were 2 bans which as I said were irrelevant.
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 am

d.gear3414 wrote:then would u tell me how to do that cause im also playing dn with a laptop

In your keyboard there's a button that says print screen(prtscn)and then you go to the painting And then press control v and you have it
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Tzaflidisp wrote:
    d.gear3414 wrote:then would u tell me how to do that cause im also playing dn with a laptop

In your keyboard there's a button that says print screen(prtscn)and then you go to the painting And then press control v and you have it

Not all laptops have that button. Some have it combined with another button, you need to press the Function (Fn) button first, for the action to become a printscreen. But that's no excuse. Everyone knows their laptop model, they can easily make a goggle search about the screenshot function for their laptop.

Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:46 am

Well, I do not know how the screenshot function works on my notebook nor do I have that Fn button you said. The admin instead of explaining it to me chose to ban me for lying to him like this was the 2nd time I lied to an administrator while it was not even the first. Besides, what I said was, certain buttons froze and would not move. How would a screenshot help anyway?
    Zane Truesdale
    Core Team Member

Post  Zane Truesdale on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 am

Look, what I'm thinking is best here, is not getting into this too far, it'll end up getting you IP banned, or your position in the team will be lost. People are getting annoyed by the constant whining of people who cannot accept admins decisions. These admins aren't just any random admins, as they have been elected in the beginning, from what ry told me, by random questions, and then ur in. These ppl are to pass a high-qualification admin ruling test, and then also have to be interviewed. I doubt they'd throw that away by permbanning someone this easily. trust me, they know what they're doing.

best thing I think of doing Nemessi, is just forgetting about him and ur account, and just start all over again. It's not worth getting in all this trouble for, including the trouble you may cause for others.

Take the losses, and start anew.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:45 am

Nemessi is leaving this team. I gave him a second chance, as everyone can see in the previous posts in this thread, which I have done for no one else in this team, and his way of "repaying" me for that courtesy is this:

I don't appreciate such attitude, nor I tolerate having my name or any other private information go public, just because some kid wants to look smart. And it is not just mine, but other people's as well.

I will address this issue to a Head admin, to see what can be done for this "incident". It may or may not result in a ban on his new account as well.

The only sure thing is that he will be leaving this team, for being ungrateful to the help and tolerance we all have shown him over the past months.

Zane Truesdale
    Core Team Member

Post  Zane Truesdale on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:47 am

uhm, not for nothing, but aren't you supposed to like, not post the picture here then? Kinda defies your own point. Even tho I do agree, he crossed a line there.
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 am

Hey as I said I was just kidding a friend of mine. None got hurt. You can ask Light Joan for this.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 am

Zane Truesdale wrote:uhm, not for nothing, but aren't you supposed to like, not post the picture here then? Kinda defies your own point. Even tho I do agree, he crossed a line there.

Why does it defy my point? It's not a screenshot taken by an admin's profile, so it won't be available for public use. It's a pic taken by a user's profile. And I wanted to post it here so everyone can see the proof behind him leaving the team.

Zane Truesdale
    Core Team Member

Post  Zane Truesdale on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:11 am

point taken, tho, I was just referring to the part where you shouldn't give away the names, I mean, aren't you doing that by posting that picture?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:15 am

Zane Truesdale wrote:point taken, tho, I was just referring to the part where you shouldn't give away the names, I mean, aren't you doing that by posting that picture?

I don't mind it happen in here, in-team. I am kinda "offended" when people who have 0 relation to me are given such information. I consider most people in here my friends.

Zane Truesdale
    Core Team Member

Post  Zane Truesdale on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:17 am

all right, sry for the post spam, but it's clear now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 am