DN Improvement ideas.

isaac879
    Core Team Member

DN Improvement ideas.

Post  isaac879 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:00 am

I think that both players should be able to view the game log, as it would allow the players to see what moves/cards where played so they would not have to call and admin if they think there opponent drew/added extra cards, but where not sure.

Also it would be useful to have a button that allowed players to reverse the last few moves so that if an irreparable game state was created it could simply be reversed. An example would be when a player shuffles a card in to their hand that they should not have drawn. The reverse button would simply return the cards in the hand to the order they where in before it was shuffled, then the player can reveal the drawn card and return it.

I know that it is not very easy to add features but allowing the players to view the logs should not be too hard to do when the admin can already view it.

Does anyone have any more ideas?
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Re: DN Improvement ideas.

Post  tzaflidisp on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 am

I agree with you in the part of viewing the logs.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am

Not gonna happen. Not in a million years. Logs are restricted to mods only, and for a good reason.

isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Reaper of the Cards wrote:Not gonna happen. Not in a million years. Logs are restricted to mods only, and for a good reason.
    I don't see a reason for not allowing the players to see them, could you tell me the reason?
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

isaac879 wrote:
    Reaper of the Cards wrote:Not gonna happen. Not in a million years. Logs are restricted to mods only, and for a good reason.
    I don't see a reason for not allowing the players to see them, could you tell me the reason?

You could get disputes. If a card is misplayed and both players find out after, one player will feel hard done by, but nothing can be done as the duel has gone on for too long. It would only rub in the being cheated feeling. Also people would start taking actions into their own hands. Imagine the posts on the forums of people print screening logs where people misplayed or cheated. More problems than solutions.

Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 pm

First of all, you may have noticed that watchers cannot even check each player's graveyards. They are supposed to have a bird's view on the duel, with no additional information whatsoever, which could lead to them helping the player, and "coaching" him.

Similarly, players have only a specific amount of information when dueling in real life. DN is trying to replicate real-life dueling. Giving a player specific knowledge of what has happened in the past, when in a real-life duel those information would either be forgotten or simple never noticed, is not replicating real-life dueling, and it effectively can help a player make more intelligent moves by analyzing an opponent's plays more closely, and it can remind a user of plays he did not originally find significant.

isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks Reaper I suppose you are right, I just thought that it would not matter if players could see the log because they could write it down a paper anyway if they wanted to, but I assume that most player would not bother but if it is already there then they probably would end up looking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am